Principles of treatment for diseases are:
1. To reduce the effect of the diseases.
2. To kill the cause of the disease i.e. to kill the microbes like bacteria, fungi, protozoa.
Principles of prevention are :
(a) General ways: It relates to preventing exposure to the microbes, which can be done in the following ways:
● For avoiding air borne infections- Avoid public spaces, cover your nose while coughing sneezing.
● For water borne infection- drink safe and filtered water.
● For vector borne diseases- keep the surroundings clean, cover your food and water. Do not allow stagnant water to form.
● Self immunity- exercise regularly to keep your immune system up
(b) Specific Ways : by giving vaccines, regular checkups and medications.